Sergio E. Molina is an alumnus of Nova Southeastern University’s Shepard Broad College of Law, from which he graduated cum laude and with the college’s Concentration in Intellectual Property, Technology, and Cybsersecurity Law.
While in law school, Mr. Molina was a member of the Nova Law Review, the NSU Trial Association, and NSU Moot Court Society and represented NSU as a competitor at the International Trademark Association’s Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Trademark Competition. He received book awards for earning the highest grade in his Trademark & Unfair Competition Law, Interviewing, Counseling & Negotiating, and Trial Advocacy courses and held positions as a Teaching Assistant for Legal Research & Writing II and Interviewing & Counseling.
Mr. Molina completed his undergraduate studies at Florida International University, where he majored in finance with minors in economics and psychology. While studying at FIU, Mr. Molina also served as president of Theta Chi Fraternity and Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity and was appointed as the Student Supreme Court Chief Justice of the university’s Student Government Association. During that time, Mr. Molina also participated in both state and national mock trial competitions and assisted with coaching his high school’s mock trial teams.
Mr. Molina is actively involved with LGBTQ+ advocacy organizations and is a Member of the Equity and Diversity Advisory Council for Theta Chi Fraternity’s International Headquarters. Mr. Molina has previously authored works on the law’s impact on marginalized communities, particularly intellectual property, information privacy, and emerging technologies.
Prior to joining Weissman & Dervishi, Mr. Molina assisted a global nonprofit organization with the enforcement of its intellectual property rights, served as a judicial intern to judges in both state and federal court, and worked as a law clerk on the resolution of complex commercial litigation matters. Mr. Molina is admitted to practice in Florida and works out of the firm’s Miami office.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Unfair Competition and Deceptive Trade Practices
- Information Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Florida, 2021
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- J.D. with Concentration in Intellectual Property, Technology, and Cybersecurity Law - 2021
- Honors: cum laude
- Florida International University, Miami, Florida
- B.A. - 2018
- Major: Finance
- Minor: Economics and Psychology
- Sergio E. Molina, DL and Looking? So Are The Data Miners, And They Already Know What You’re Into: A discussion on the threat that data exploitation poses to the LGBTQ community, and the need to advocate for comprehensive federal data privacy legislation, OUTSIDE INFLUENCE, Fall/Winter 2019, at 4.
- Sergio E. Molina, Lying Beneath the Surface: The Impacts of Deepfake Technology on the Privacy and Safety of the LGBTQ+ Community, 46 NOVA L. REV. (forthcoming 2022) (on file with author).
- Theta Chi
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity